A Buyer’s Guide to Home Inspections
These are my five tips to help buyers during the home inspection process.
Here are five tips to help buyers through the home inspection process:
1. Make sure your inspector is certified. In Arizona, you can find that out at the Arizona Board of Technical Registration.
2. Make sure the inspector is experienced. The more experience the inspector has, the less likely they are to miss something, and you can have less anxiety about your home inspection.
3. Make sure they have both kinds of insurance. Make sure they carry both errors and omissions and liability insurance.
"The more experience the inspector has, the less likely they are to miss something."
4. Attend the inspection. Even if you’re out of state, do a video call with the inspector so they can walk you through their findings and you can ask any crucial questions you have.
5. The inspection report is not a seller to-do list. The inspection report is the guide to help you find the safety items and broken items that the seller needs to repair.
I’m always happy to help with any of your Sedona or Verde Valley real estate needs. Call or email me if you have questions about inspections or real estate in general. I’d love to speak with you.